Are you tired of waking up early in the morning to get ready for a long day of work in the office? Are you enduring long hours of traffic? Are you tired of dealing with tons of paperwork and your annoying co-workers (including your boss)? Then perhaps it is time to consider looking for a home-based job now.
Call justify outsourcing is the norm in the Philippines. It is one of the countries where there are a lot of off-shore employees who either work in an office or at home. Outsourcing employees is a cheaper alternative in many countries. At the same time, it is a blessing for those who want to have a good-paying job and the opportunity to grow.
Nowadays, more and more individuals prefer working in the comfort of their homes. Some companies give their employees the option to work at home. But is it for everyone? What are the benefits and drawbacks of being a home-based worker?
Popular work-at-home jobs
More and more people are discovering the wonders of working at home. You can choose to work part-time or full-time, depending on the nature of your work. Stay-at-home moms can also benefit from it: earn money for herself and the family while being hands-on as a homemaker. Popular work-at-home jobs nowadays include the following:
• Virtual assistant
• Chat/email support
• Customer service personnel (can also be chat or calls)
• Cold calling (for prospective clients)
• Content Writer/Editor
• Social Media manager
• Medical transcriptionist
• Web developer
• Animator/Graphic design
• IT support/troubleshooting
• Bookkeeper/Accounting personnel
Read More: Handle the Upsurge in Call Volumes via BPO Outsourcing
Work at home: the pros and cons
Not everyone prefers working at home. On the other hand, a lot of workers seem to benefit a lot from working at home due to personal reasons. The benefits of working at home are the following:
• No need to commute and spend money on grueling commutes to go to work.
• You can choose a work schedule that will suit your lifestyle.
• You can focus on doing work without the distraction of office gossip and the like.
• It is a perfect type of job for introverts or those who prefer working alone.
• It promotes work-life balance. You get to work for money while working on your endeavors.
However, there are also some drawbacks if you decide to work at home. These include the following:
• It can make you feel isolated at some point and contribute to loneliness.
• It can be tempting to do other things and procrastinate at work just because no one is supervising you in person (unless you are required to turn your time monitoring system while working).
• It can also be tempting to get more and more jobs to earn more, only to cause stress and fatigue, juggling multiple tasks at the same time.
• You need to learn and figure out things on your own.
Before considering a work-at-home job, you need to weigh these things to determine whether you are a good fit. Work at home might not be for everyone, but it can help you earn money for your needs. You have to choose which kind of home-based job will make you thrive.
2,083 total views, 1 views today