Are you a woman who is interested in learning to program software? she codes; is soon starting registration for their classes starting in October 2019.
High tech is the future. Brick and mortar stores may be shutting down, but the online mall is just getting started. It does not matter if your website is about recipes, current events or online gambling sites like Jackpot Casino or Intertops Casino Red. High Tech Jobs in the future. If you want to be a part of it, check out she codes;
What is She-Codes?
she codes; is a community of women with the goal of reaching 50% women as software developers in the Israeli High Tech industry over the next decade. It was founded by Ruth Polacheck in 2013 and now has 20,000 members.
she codes; has over 30 branches throughout Israel. she codes; has programming courses, group projects led by community volunteers, tech lectures, meetings with inspirational women, career counseling, and more. The volunteers not only manage the branches, but they also plan the study courses, organize events, and more.
Read More: Best 10 WordPress Developer in New York 2019
She Codes: Branches
she codes; has branches throughout the country, in Tel Aviv, Yafo, Givatayim, Ramat Gan, Bar Ilan University, Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Herzliya, Herzliya-Pituach, Modiin, Netanya, Ariel University, Jerusalem, Givat Ram Jerusalem, Har Hotzvim, Jerusalem, Beit Shemesh, Gush Etzion, Haifa, Eilat, Beer Sheva, and Ashdod
She Codes: Courses
The following technologies are taught in she codes; courses:
- Android – If you want to learn to program mobile apps for phones and tablets, this is the course for you. Note: Android is not a programming language. It refers to using Java with the Android SDK kit.
- Basic Python – Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Python is dynamically typed and garbage collected. Many well-known colleges and universities teach Python as a first programming language including MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).
- Data Analysis – Are you want to work with “Big Data”? Then this is the course for you. Data Analysis of Big Data refers to the processing of the huge amount of data that sites like Google, Twitter, and Facebook gather. But it can also include government data records, patient medical records, or bank financial records. When there is a huge amount of data, somebody will want to analyze it.
- Git – Git is not a programming language. It is version control software which stores changes in software code over time. Think of it as a professional version of MediaWiki, the software that runs Wikipedia, but with a lot more features that are specifically designed to help computer programmers.
- Java – Java is one of those programming languages that has gone in and out of fashion over the years, mostly due to its performance issues. Due to its “hand-holding” compared to languages like C++, Java replaced C++ as the programming language used on the AP Computer Science test in the US in 2004. It is also the language that is used for the Computer Science Bagrut in Israel.
- Python for Programmers – This is an advanced course in Python programming for people who are already programmers in a different programming language like C++.
How do She-Codes courses compare to the general market
The following is a list of the most popular programming languages in 2019:
2. HTML – Any website has HTML. Sometimes it will be just HTML, while other times it will be HTML written through a templating language. But even if a templating language is used, the programmer still needs to understand HTML.
3. CSS – Do you want your website, ebook, epub, or android application to look pretty? Then you have to learn CSS.
4. SQL – This is the standard that is used by all SQL databases: MySQL, SQLite, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL to name a few.
5. Java – Want to make a mobile app? Then learn Java.
6. Bash/Shell – Scripting language for the Linux command line.
7. Python – First general-purpose programming language for many people
8. C# – Do you like to program games? The Unity Gaming Engine interfaces with C#. For many kids, it was their first exposure to programming.
9. PHP – Want to make a website that communicates to a database? PHP is the language to learn.
10. C++ – Is speed or memory usage the top priority? Then your code needs to be compiled to machine code.
11. C – Do you want to communicate directly with hardware like TVs, medical equipment, etc.? Then C is the language to use.
Is She-Codes for me?
If you are a woman living in Israel who is interested in programming, beginner or an experienced programming wanting to learn current technologies, then she codes; is definitely worth checking out. But don’t wait, because she con(2019); is September 4, 2019, and new classes start in October. Blink, and you’ll miss it!
817 total views, 1 views today