Hyderabad, the capital city of the two states Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The city is a known IT hub since the 1990s. It is also home to a number of prestigious public sector enterprises, which offer a large number of employment opportunities in Hyderabad for freshers as well as experienced candidates. If you want to have a prospective career in the Government sector, you can try out for jobs in Hyderabad in this sector.
Top Public Sector Units for Jobs in Hyderabad
During the period from the 1950s to the 1970s, many government enterprises were set up in Hyderabad. All these public sector companies offer lucrative jobs in Hyderabad. The best part of these Indian companies in the public sector is that there are job vacancies available in almost all job profiles. Right from engineering to software, from accounting to marketing, from customer care to admin and so on, there are ample opportunities. So candidates with required skills, qualification and experience can apply for different jobs in Hyderabad in these leading companies.
The popular public sector enterprises having their offices in Hyderabad are as follows:
- Government Public Sector Units in Hyderabad
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bharat Electronics (BEL)
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB)
- Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD)
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC)
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- Andhra Bank
How to Apply for Jobs in Hyderabad in the Public Sector Companies? Different companies have different eligibility conditions to join government enterprises depending on the job role and responsibilities and age limit. Job advertisements are given on the local and national newspapers and the official websites of the companies.
- The basic minimum education requirement is a graduate with 60% aggregate marks with an additional professional qualification.
- For engineering-related PSU jobs in Hyderabad, candidates should qualify the GATE scores. Candidates who have secured the eligibility marks in GATE can apply directly on the respective PSU website.
- For MBAs, GMAT scores or MBAs from reputed management institutes like the IIMs are preferred.
- Accounting professionals should qualify professional courses like ICWA, CA, CS for jobs in Hyderabad in the public sector.
- Candidates with NET scores (CSIR NET / UGC NET) can also apply for jobs in these organizations.
- Short listed candidates are called for final interview and personality round test. Once cleared, they get the required jobs.
- Age limit is 21 to 30 years. SC/ST/OBC Candidates have some relaxation in age.
- There are also Campus Interview Selection Process as well where the eligible candidates are directly appointed after their completion of their graduate program. In fact, most of the Freshers from good institutes are recruited through this process.
- Jobs in Hyderabad in the PSUs can also be applied through competitive exams for recruitment organized by few companies. So, candidates who do not have qualifying marks in GATE or NET or any professional qualification can appear for PSUs competitive exams. While the 70% of the exam paper is designed to test your skills related to the job, the rest of the paper includes topics on General Awareness, Current Affairs, Reasoning and Aptitude, and English Reasoning.
- For senior roles and responsibilities as head or CMD or Director, there is proper interview from the Ministry of the respected public sector departments.
It’s a dream for many to get a good job in any PSUs. The benefits are wide and many, right from money, position, name to job security and additional benefits. PSU Jobs 2019: Apply Now in Public Sector Undertakings exam Online. Public Sector Company Jobs in Hyderabad, Telangana.
1,477 total views, 2 views today